Strategy Before Tactics
- 1. Profitability/market acceptability - will the product generate a profit and a market?
- 2. Accreditation requirements – Does the product meet industry and legal standards?
- 3. Length of project – Can the product be introduced in an acceptable time frame?
- 4. Accommodate systems – Does the new product make use of current systems or will new ones need to be developed?
- 5. Fit Image – Does the product fit the image the firm wishes to project?
- 6. Resources – is the new product resource and capital intensive?
- 7. Gateway capacity – Does this product lead to the possibility of new products or businesses being developed?
- 8. Negative Gateway capacity – Does this product have the potential of damaging other aspects of the operation?
- 9. Customer acceptance – will the customer accept this product over others offered in the market?